Skip to main content

more to life.

you know when you just sit for hours and think about every aspect of your life (mainly when having a shower)?
thats been me for like the past 2 weeks. like everything is falling into place, exactly the way i want.

this time last year i was inpatient. i was sat alone in my room crying over having to eat an apple or something, but now, im a different person.

im 5 stone heavier and the healthiest ive ever been.
i feel confident and radiant. i have a boyfriend. we go on dates to restaurants and i order what i want. something that i believed would be impossible. i go out with my friends and get drunk. last year i couldn't even hold a conversation with somebody. ive attended interviews on my own and i have a place at an amazing university to do the course ive always wanted to do. i got a full time job, on my own.

everything changes for the better, you just have to believe that you can do it.
whats stopping you?
theres nothing in the way except your insecurities.
push them a side and the world is yours, take it.

if you justs top and think about your life right now. why are you scared of eating that? there are people all around the world eating that exact item of food/meal right now, and they are enjoying it, seeing it as a blessing, nutrition. so why do you fear it?
it wont make an effect on your weight or appearance. but mentally you will be so much stronger. because even though everything in your body told you not to eat it, you did. you pushed past the voices and you have shown yourself that YOU CAN do it, you can go against everything you believe and obey. and that should feel bloody amazing.

there has been so much in the news recently about children under the age of 11 dieting! its scary, schools are weighing children and putting them into the spotlight of what they should and shouldnt look like. its wrong, you are you, if you want to be 1000 stone and be happy then why the hell not? why are we being forced to be these healthy slim people? i know plenty of people who are deemed to be 'overweight' yet they have the body confidence of beyonce and are beyond happy with the way they look and get on with life that way.

i basically lost a year of my life because i wanted to be 'slim' and fit into society. but when you overcome your eating disorder you just start to realise that you dont need to look a certain way to be accepted. people will love and care for you no matter what size you are. you treat people with love and respect for who they are and they will return the favour. people love you for you. end of. dont think youre alone in this because youre not. your illness will try its best to isolate you. but youre not. just look around you, youre probably sat in room filled with family members, pets and things that your family have worked hard to provide for you. because they want you to have everything because you deserve it.

i went out this weekend and it was a real eye opener. i went out on a date and ordered the biggest meal and dessert, then i went home and got ready to have a lil party at my house with my friends before we went out into town. it was my idea. i planned the evening and i got all my friends together. and we had an amazing time. if i was still consumed by anorexia, i would have sat at home, miserable and dragging everyone around me down. but instead i put on my killer heels and i got way to drunk and fell in a bin and wacked my head on a table, and threw up all over my cream carpet and embarrassed myself, (okay maybe i should have stayed in) but i created memories that will last me a lifetime! when my children ask me about my nights out when i was younger then i can tell them these stories. i wont have to lie. i wont have to tell them that i used to sit in counting my calories and running up and down the stairs. because i have a life and i love it.

i try and express how important it is to nourish your body. eating 3000+ calories a day saved my life, i regained my weight and mentally restored my mind. i am happier than ever and i owe that to this chapter in my life. people always ask if i could go back would i change what happened, but i wouldnt! ive learnt so much from this, and im so much stronger and determined to live my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f