Skip to main content

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change.
this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it.

why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point.
ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough?
has loosing weigh ever made you feel good?
has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough?
no. your eating disorder feeds you lies.

the worst part is that you believe them.
your eating disorder is your friend right?
wrong.
when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness.

i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself
but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible.

learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile.
you need to embrace it all.
why live a life hating yourself when you can live a life being sexxaaaayyy.
joking aside, you know how you feel on those 'good body image' days, were you stand twirling in front of the mirror, loving the way your body turns and looks as it moves. imagine that everyday!
its possible, all you have to do is love it, love the way your body looks in the morning and you set yourself up for a day filled with kind words.

everyone else sees you as beautiful so why shouldn't you see the same?

recovery is not just about weight gain, its about mental recovery. learning that there is life beyond your illness. learning to love life, love food and enjoy activities again without the need to push yourself too far.
i eat now, i eat until my hearts desire.
i used to struggle with having anyone make my food but now i beg for them to make my food because i cant be bothered doing it. i help myself to chips, chocolate, icecream and i dont even care.
if i thought comes into my mind all i say is F**** OFF.
and i smile to myself because I'm bloody proud that I've learnt to overcome my anorexia.
im weight restored, I'm still working on getting my periods back and i can exercise freely without pushing myself, if I'm tired i stop. (i rarely exercise because I'm lazy lol)

challenge yourself. you notice you look different today? so what. why is that a bad thing?
you notice your eyes are bright and someone says 'oh you look so well' why the hell should that be an insult, its a bloody good compliment!! they mean you're finally overcoming that bloody horrible illness that has dragged you down and turned you into this shell of a human.
accept the complement, its fabulous.
open your eyes to life.
take in the sunlight.
breathe in the fresh natural air.
cry with laughter.
make memories.
i cant stress to you enough how important it is to get over this illness, like omg life is so beautiful. you just have to sit there long enough to notice!!
challenge your thoughts, its the only way to beat this illness.
xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f