Skip to main content

back with a bang

HELLO,
oh my I have missed posting, I have missed being involved and writing blog posts mostly!

Well I have been up to a lot.
Firstly, I am starting a new degree in September studying Mental health nursing and I am so excited!
finally going to be doing something I love and enjoy! As you all probably know I was in hospital myself and saw the lengths that nurses go to, to ensure our safety and success and I am so proud to be apart of it.  (And i tell you what, you have no idea how much maths revision I did for these interviews).

Health wise I am doing well, my body is stronger than ever and I have been training in the gym and really enjoying exercising and spending time with my mum too as we go together!
I have started cooking again and really looking after myself, I think Ive finally found balance!
Im still working full time and I do find it hard because all I want to do is be a massive lazy bum but oh well, I work to live!

Theres a lot of movement recently in this social community and not all positive?
I see people advocating a healthy lifestyle yet dont lead one? How can you reach out to vulnerable people and preach positivity yet give unrealistic idolization.
A flat tummy is not normal, not everyone has one nor strives too. Why has a flat tummy become the be all and end all for summer? Why is it said that we cant enjoy a holiday because our tummy actually has skin on it? I read so many articles about fitness and health, especially as the summer months approach and its so hard to not be sucked in by the fantasy of being a victorias secret model in Ibizia but isnt health and happiness more important? eating ice creams and drinking cocktails, laughing until you cry and spending nights watching the sunset and rise again.

Ive been on lots of trips out recently, I made a promise to my boyfriend that I will try all foods once, if I dont like it then I dont eat it again, but if I love it then bonus! So everytime we go out for some lunch hes always shoving cheese and all sorts of things I tell myself I dont like in my face. Which is really great because Im trying new foods and I get to go out for food so WINWIN.

I guess I should explain why i wanted to stop posting on instagram, I just felt that it was taking over a little? I always wanted instagram to be a place where i could post my thoughts and encourage others to recover and help anyone I could along the way. I love being in the outdoors and wanted to focus on living rather than just breathing behind my phone. I feel im in a good place now, I want to write about what makes me happy and encourage others to be happy too. I hope I can still inspire you to follow your dreams and know that recovery is possible.

You need to stay positive and strive to be the best you can be. Recovery is possible, mentally and physically. A healthy and happy life awaits you, grab it with both hands!

all my love, Sydney x

Leave any comments of questions you have and I will get back to you! x

Comments

  1. It's great to see you back and it sounds like you have made the most being away from instagram and enjoying a real, ed-free life! Looking forward to all your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f