Skip to main content

how to deal with weight gain

As requested on instagram I thought this topic was highly important and I should talk about it.
weight gain is going to happen, the sooner you accept that the better.
(that sounds really harsh but it is the reality of the situation)

p.s i totally just burst a blister on my thumb that i got whilst sharpening pencils, the pain!

anyway, your body.
it simply can not function at a low weight, your mind cant work, you are freezing 24/7, your legs struggle to walk up a flight of stairs, your hair falls out and your skin turns grey and lifeless! Thats your bodies way of telling you how unhappy it is.

why should we fear gaining weight? we arent even gaining, we are just getting back what we lost! we have been a healthy weight before so why are we so scared to reach it again?
i struggled alot with accepting weight gain, but the more i focused my mind on other things and actually started enjoying what i was eating and what i was doing with my life the less i thought about it!
i got myself to a healthy weight fairly fast, i originally wanted to gain slowly but where would that get me? why lengthen the process. i knew it was going to happen and i knew i needed to do it in order to get this illness out of my life so i just went for it.

and let me tell you, its the best thing i have ever done.

scary, not going to lie about that. but so worth it.
as soon as i started gaining weight i gained confidence, knowledge, health, hair, sparkle in my eyes, and the ability to fit my clothes again,

you need to throw out all your small clothes. literally it is so not helpful for you.
i tried on a pair of shorts that once hung off me, and i couldnt button them up and it really did set me back, but i just sat myself down and rationalised my thoughts. those shorts are literally made for fashionable ants. they arent supposed to fit my body shape. its not healthy to fit into the ant pants.

you just have to ask yourself, why are you so afraid of gaining weight?
anorexia for me was never about loosing weight, it didnt bother me how much weight i lost, but when it came to gaining it back, that terrified me, so why?

you have to stop comparing yourself to ridiculously thin people and live in the real world. that sounds so mean (im not mean i swear) but if you constantly compare yourself to bloody victoria secret models and other people who suffer with illnesses such as anorexia then you are bound to feel that weight gain will seperate you from what you view as normal. but its not.

normal is when your legs jiggle when you walk, when your stomach folds when you sit down, when you get laughter lines when you smile, when your boobs actually fill out a decent bra, when your legs touch at the top (protecting the vaginal and penis area obviously and also keeping it warm), being able to go clothes shopping and buy items happily and have them all fit perfectly.

put yourself in the world. notice the virbant, happy and healthy people surrounding you.
dont look at their legs, or their collarbones.
look at their smiles, their clothes, their hair.
anything besides their weight. its irrelevant.
the sooner you start to notice other things besides peoples weight then the sooner your mindset will start to change.

embrace your body.
what does it matter what you weigh?
as long as you feel happy and comfortable in your body.

like now i dont even care what the scales say. i know that my body has to change.
ive started doing weights and i know that will obviously increase my weight but why should that matter to me?
i want my body to look and feel good, i can do that at a healthy weight.

and so can you.
do you not miss being able to feel happy and genuinely proud of your body?
prove it to yourself that you can do it. You can recover,

I see so many pictures of people before their illness took over and ive never seen such beautiful people before. you glow with happiness and it genuinely warms my heart. that will be you again.

dont dwell on the past, dont think about the 'what ifs' this is now. this is your life and your future. you need to ask yourself if you actually want to escape from your illness.
and the answer should always be yes.

dont waste your time body checking, spend your life living.

p.s Lucy is obviously fabulous.

xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f