Skip to main content

depression and anxiety

hello lovelies,
okay so eating disorders usually involve alot of anxiety, around food, public, sociailising and relationships, and sometimes overcoming the anxiety is the hard part, for me it was anyway.
I was diagnosed with depression before my eating disorder, and once i was diagnosed with anorexia they also treated me for depression and anxiety.
its really hard, and its hard because youre not only isolating yourself but youre also wanting to get involved and push yourself but you cant do that because you dont have the motivation to do anything.
i was always told that i would never fully recover from my eating disorder (which is a really stupid thing to tell people because everyone needs hope and re-assurance) but i knew that it was possible and i kept myself going even though i never knew if i could wake up one day without the ache in my stomach and the thoughts in my mind.
(id like to tell you all that it is completely possible and to not listen to anyone who tells you differently, because ive done it and so have thousands of others)
its okay to struggle, its normal. you arent a super species, we all have a mind that is in our own head yet we have no control over the thoughts that enter it. Everybody struggles, just think, even Beyoncé wakes up and doesn't feel all Beyoncé esque and needs some cheering up. The difference is letting your sadness control you.
For me, it did for a long time, I wouldn't leave my room or my bed, I wouldn't speak to friends, family! I just used to lie there staring into space. I never realised until now when I look back. You have to accept help (and help is not just taking a pill and getting on with life) yes medication.. It helps, it is not a cure.
You can take all the tablets you want but it only covers up the problem, doesn't cure if.
You need to try, everything! Therapy, mindfulness, drawing, yoga, relaxation! And take your medication (if needed) alongside that. They go hand in hand. Doctors so easily dish out medication but they never think about helping the person. Just getting them back to work, out of their office, not their problem right?
But it should be, your health is the most important thing in the world, so you ask for therapy, you sit there and battle through a tough session and let all your emotions out, because that's how they get resolved.

Now, here comes the hard part, battling depression with an eating disorder. Because they make you want to lock yourself away, stay away from food, or over indulge in food which causes your mind to go into a frenzy.
You can't let this effect your progress. It's basically two battles running alongside eachother, so as long as your army is always winning then they keep being pushed away together.
So when your depression is telling you to stay in bed, not eat, lock your door, don't talk to your friends. You go out, get some food and you do everything you really don't want to do. The amount of times I've made plans and on the day woken up in the worst mood and wanted to cancel every second (sorry to anyone reading this that I've had plans with) but yea I went and I loved it, I loved being out and it made me forget about all the horrible times and the hard times.

The thing you need to remember is to fight it.
Every second you have to fight.
This is the toughest battle you will ever face, and trust me once you accomplish everything you set out to win, you feel invincible, and any challenge you face after that is a piece of cake.

You can do it.
Xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f