Skip to main content

Summer


So as I sit here in the garden in the most revealing sunbathing dress I own, browsing through social media, I've seen the word 'summer bodies' over a hundred times, and I've legit just woken up, I'm eating my chocolate shreddies as we speak.

What is with people and wanting to look like an airbrushed Victoria secret model in summer. You look fabulous all year round so why the need to change for a month? Put your body under so much stress just so you don't feel judged on Facebook on your profile picture.
Do you know what's beautiful? Smiling. A tanned happy face. Smile lines. Beach hair. Cartwheels in the sand.
Nobody cares how expensive your bikini is, or how toned your butt looks.
When you go on holiday you don't sit judging other people's bodies so why would you think they are judging yours?
Confidence is beautiful.
When you walk past someone and think 'I wish I had their body' they probably just walked past someone and thought the exact same thing.
Nobody is happy with the way they look, because they are fed utter bull crap about the way we should and shouldn't look, even what we wear,
I would never wear a camouflage matching tracksuit but hey ho that's the trend so everyone else does.
Seriously guys, why u find them nice?😭
Who are you trying to impress? Is Sitting down enjoying an ice cream in the sun not acceptable?
We all want to look and feel nice, even sexy. It's important that we feel confident in the clothes we wear, and i strongly advise you find clothes that make you feel amazing and wear them for you! Not anyone else.
But don't punish your body for society.
Surely you have put yourself through enough, it needs balance and health.
Don't miss breakfast with your family because you have to go to the gym.

All this #fitspo has to end. Exercise, is fab, it releases endorphins and makes you feel happy! But when the fun isn't there anymore, you have to think why are you doing it?
Make choices for your own happiness.
Get rid of the people in your life that make you unhappy.
Spread your wings and find yourself.
Share your happiness with others.


I'm gunna end this post telling you about the most amazing cake I just had. Patisserie Valerie you have shown me why I love chocolate.

Be yourself, wear a bikini that you love, that's different, that you feel amazing and sexy and fabulous in! Wear shorts, flaunt your legs because as my mum says 'I wish I did it when I was your age because you can't wear short shorts at 45'.

I can't express how much you need to challenge yourself. Challenge your idea of 'beauty' because I'll tell you what, anyone sees you dancing round in a bright pink bikini is going to think you are the most beautiful person on that beach! A smile tells a thousand stories xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f