Skip to main content

Diets?

Dieting is so so strange, I think my whole over view on a diet is that I was constantly on one? The prospect of a diet is that you do it for a short amount of time to loose weight and then most people would just yoyo for the rest of their lives. A 'healthy life style change' is what's promoted, which is mad because everyone's view on 'healthy' is so different and why should we look at it as a healthy life, shouldn't we be happy and balanced?

I've been on a diet for as long as I can remember. (apart from recovery of course). I guess this is hard for me to write because I always thought of myself as fully recovered and for a long time I truly thought I was. I recovered well, I ate well and my hunger and all my happiness came flying back. But this last 8 months (rough guessing here) I think I have been taking more control of my diet than usual. Of course nothing like my past, but I watch what I eat. I instantly thought I was going backwards, but actually I'm just being balanced. I ate over 3,000 calories a day for a long time and I loved it and my recovering body needed it so badly. But I guess my body was just ready to settle down and enjoy meals and snacks and maybe a little less if needed? I started having some health issues and the only way I could solve them was my diet and I had to reduce my intake of certain foods. I had to listen to my body. That's not a bad thing, I struggled to come to terms with it but I still eat more than anyone in my family, I just know when and what to eat. I did become worried about myself and I spoke to a few people in all kinds of work, Personal Trainers, friends, doctors, and they all said I'm just leading a balanced life. Which I didn't want to accept because I didn't want my life to be made up of treats and eating well all the time. But we have to look after our bodies and feed them the right foods from all food groups, nobody cares how much of what, have variety and have fun with it.

Never restrict something from your diet. fear foods? go out and beat them! if you restrict yourself from something you enjoy and love then what sort of life is that? 

I've wasted way to much time holding myself back from cake and ice cream, rather than enjoying my time with the company I am in. When I think back to memories, ones that always stick in
my head are those created round the dining table, in the par having a picnic, or even late night McDonald's trips. (3:30am to be precise, worth it). 
But then there's the memories that I'll always regret... Sitting watching my friends whilst they enjoy birthday cak

e and biscuits which i passed on because of my diet. When will the diet end? 
I always wait for that day when I can say phew thank god that diets done. But it never will end. Its all in your mindset, you need to be happy. And being happy is impossible if you hold yourself back from life's enjoyment. 
Cake is to be eaten, hot chocolate is to be drank by the gallon and laughing is to be heard. 

Always remember that nobody is the same as you, nobody has the same body, the same genes or anything the same as you. Every body reacts differently to different food and you need to find your happy. So experiment, try new foods and try every flavor of cake, because your body will thank you. Loving yourself is so hard but make it easier on yourself by loving your insides first. 
Make your laughter heard, Don't miss out because you feel you don't deserve it or you've already had your 'treat'. You are not a rule book. You are a person, an amazing person who deserves everything that anyone else can have. 

The diet stops today. And tomorrow you wake up, kicking butt. x

Love always, Sydney x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f