Skip to main content

Taking your life back..

Well hello there,

Okay so, your life is exactly that, yours. Not anorexia, not bulimia's, not depression nor anxiety. Its yours.
Do you find yourself planning your days around your mental health? Thinking, no I cant go there because this will effect my anxiety or my eating disorder. You may think that you're living that way, by avoiding situations that will make you feel un easy, but in the long term that is not a way to live. You need to be able to do whatever it is you want, and not be stopped by the fear of the un known.

Step 1: Plan
Plan ahead, you will feel more relaxed if you plan. Think if you're going for a day trip and you're not sure where there is to eat or there are any shops to pick up a snack. Make yourself a packed lunch and take it with you, if there is a cafe there then you can grab some food, but a least you will always have a back up. You will feel much more at ease knowing that there is food right in your bag if there is no where to eat or you dont feel comfortable. Always remember its the little steps that count! I remember going shopping with my mum once and running around like a headless chicken (its a thing) trying to find a specific yogurt that I was supposed to have with my lunch that I forgot to take with me. ( a massive part of my recovery was sticking to a rigid plan until I was well enough to start trying new foods). We spent half the day looking for this bloody yogurt in and out of shops and it ruined the day for us. Since then I will always take a snack with me, better to be safe than sorry! Dont push yourself, we all start somewhere and at first you do what youre comfortable with, then slowly start introducing yourself to getting food whilst out, being more flexible with your diet. Spontaneous eating really will aid your recovery.


Step 2: Kick ass
I think people need to start believing how strong they truly are. Watching other people recover and strive and grow must be a great motivator but if you still sit at home thinking, 'I wish I can do that one day'. Well todays your day! Why are you doubting your own ability. Think about your illness, really come to terms with the way you feel and the emotions you feel daily. This is going to sound strange but when my anorexia was at its worst I failed to believe that it was all inside my head, I couldnt believe that my own mind and brain had turned against me, its strange to think your own thoughts and opinions created by your mind are also being torn to shreds by your mind.
You need to know yourself inside and out, take some time out everyday to just sit and think about anything, anything at all! If you want to think about how deep the ocean is then do it. It gets your mind going, dont think about things that will make you anxious or upset, its a time for you to think about space, time travel and everything wonderful in the world. Your mind needs to be on point, and you need to know that for 10 minutes of the day, your mind is yours again, that control is yours.

I find everyone inspiring, I think there is a part of every person that is amazing. Everyone is different like all 7 billion people on earth are different, how mad is that! The strength of individuals is mesmerizing, and every day even you will have an impact on someones life, even smiling at a stranger walking down the street. You have changed that person day!
Anyhoo I'm getting side tracked there, dont even get me started on talking about the universe and aliens because I wont stop for days.

You need to believe in yourself. When I was sat in hospital crying 24 hours a day, if anyone would have told me that I'd be writing a blog post helping others gain skills during recovery whilst eating the meanest chicken bagel there ever was, I'd never believe you. Put your mind to it, recovery isnt straight forward (which I assume you all know too well) , but just picture yourself a year from now having a picnic outside with family and friends, eating what you want, sun on your skin and youre wearing shorts without freezing to death.

You can do this,
Everyone believes in you.

All my love x


"A negative mind will never give you a positive life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f