Skip to main content

Holidays battles

Holidays are something i have always struggled with, being at home is safe for me, i know where morrisons is, i know where to buy my favourite chocolate bars and i know i will have food on the table at the same time everyday but being on holiday is obviously not going to be the structured and simple.
But you HAVE to embrace it.
This weekend i went visiting my family in wales  which is a 5 hour drive from my home.
The last time i visited i really wasnt in a good place both phsycially and mentally and i ruined the whole holiday with my moods and avoudance of food.
But this time was different! I sat in the car munching on a whole packet of oreos as well as my lunch and various other chocolate bars, i looked forward to spending time with my family, we had meals planmed and bufftes organised and i couldnt wait!
I wanted to prove to myself and my damily how far ive com, i took part in drinking, laughing, eating at stupid oclock at night and just basically went with he flow.
Thats important, go with the flow.
I never wanted everyones plans to revolve ariund me like it used to:
'Oh sydney wont eat that' 'ih no thats too late for sydneys dinner'
Thats not life.
My life is not an organiser.
So this time i made it my priority to not be the main priority!
And it was bloody fabulous!
We had breakfast when we woke up and i made do with what i had access ti (this weekend contained alot of selection boxes, not complaining) and we had lunch whenever, yes at one point i was shaking because i was that hungry waiting for my grandma to set up the buffet but hey ho we got there in the end!
Everyone was like sat there with 2 chicken drunsticks like 'oh god i cant eat anymore'  I HAD 7😂 it literally looke like id murdered a farm of chickens on my plate!
My auntie bought this specially selected millionaires caramel white and milk chocolate geateux, and nobody was expecting me to have a piece, heck even i wasnt but i plated myself up a massive slab and sat down with everyone else to enjoy it, and you know what, nobody judged me! Nobody commented on how many bloody chickens i had eaten, because nobody cared.
Obviously they were happy to see me eating and in a much better physical state (weight restored can i get a high five✌️) but it was normal, i was participating in normal behaviours so why should people overthink my actions?
Holidays are a challenge but just think of the positives, new foods, challenges, fanily and friend time, the laughs, the wine! The unplanned bowl of crisps at mindnight!
5 months ago i was severley undersweight and ii struggled to even iimagine myself eating chocolate but here i am eating about 10 chocolqte bars a day, eating my grandmas homade cake, sitting in a car all day with endless packs of oreos, and you know what, that doesnt even bother me.
Like if i find myself overthinking something i just say 'shut the f**** up' i simply dont care, shutting out that voice in my head was the est thing i have ever done, i dont want to know how much i weigh because its simply not important, i dont have a goal weight, i have a happy weight, when my body can function properly and i can have a family and a life.
This holiday showed me that i can do this, that there is life beyond this illness and rhat i am a serious choolate addict.
Dont let anorexia ruin your holidays, you only get one chance to enjoy them.
Xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f