Skip to main content

Life is beautiful

Things chane quicky, one minute your dying from anorexia and the next youre filled with motivation and eating a sandwich.
One minute your upset and the next somebody made you smile.
These little changes are the things that make life beautiful.
This time last year i was consumed by anorexia, my life revolved around me and food, thats it. I spent every hour thinking and obsessing over calories and my intake and exercise. I lost sight of all the lovely things life has to offer.
Waking up super early just to see the sky when the sun rises.
Seeing your parents smile and be truly happy.
The smell of nature.
The festivities especially at this time of year.
The kindness of a stranger.
All the little things in life that we sometimes forget.
This year has been a life changer, i spent 5 months inpatient fighting for my freedom of mind, i have challenged myself, cried (alot), smiled, been way too drunk! I have enjoyed food, cooked and baked to my hearts desire and most of all i am now almost free from anorexia.
I reached a healthy bmi, and yes i am still gaining. My body isnt repaired yet so i cant be hralthy for my body! But the best thing? I rarely have anorexic thoughts anymore. Yes i still have serious body image issues but i eat what i want when i want and why should i feel guilty about that?
I see life for what it truly is, i laugh until i cant breathe, i run just for the sheer enjoyment! The old me has returned and i sure as hell am not letting her go!
I need to love myself, even my flaws.
Why shouldnt wr love ourselves? Our personalities, little qwerks, spots, love of life, our bodies that have been through absoloute hell but they never once gave up on us and they are still here, fighting, keeping out hearts pumping and  holding us with the strength of our legs. Our bodies are magnificant things! Not something to hate and rebel against.
I heard a quote once
'Our body is a temple, not a battle ground'
Everytime i even think of over exercising or skipping a snack i think of that exact quote. Why should i push my body? Why should i neglect myself? I bloody well shouldnt.
I eat until my hearts desire, i feed my body with nutrition and goodness, i replenish my skin and hair and help my body do its everyday functions. I need this food, i deserve this food. After everything i have mentally been through i bloody well deserve it! And so do you.
So that voice in your mind is telling you to feel guilty and to restrict? Tell it to F*** OFF.
That voice is not your friend. Its not you either. Its completely seperate to you! Its a giant tree taking away all your sunlight.
And everytime you rebel against that voice you cut down some of its branches and you get a little light!
The more you rebel, the more light you get.
And believe me when i say that once you start to get you back, my god life is beautiful and things are easy again! You can actually think straight, you can seperate the voice from you!
When i was in hospital the nurses always told me that id understand more once im in a healthier state of mind (and body) and i never believed them but its so true. Since reaching a healthy weight i feel miles better, i have energy, and WARMTH🙌 I have a true smile, a bubbly personality! And i can leave the house without my mum! My confidence is growing every day.
I cant wait to wake up and be lay next to the man i love, and to hear my child giggling and playing. To have my own job to go to that i love, to make a meal for me and my family. To have friends that i see frequently and we all gossip with a glass of wine, that to me is perfect.
But of course everyone has different ideas of perfection but to wake up one morning and just say 'i made it' is the only thing that matters.
Keep fighting, keep bloody eating, and keep loving your life.
Take in the smells of nature, dance in the bloody rain, go out and meet new people, get a job that you love! You cant deny yourself of the beauty of life! Anorexia is not invited.

Xoxo

Comments

  1. 🙌🙌such an amazing and inspiring post! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f