Skip to main content

new year right?

well im not a believer of all this 'new me in the new year' like why wait until the new year?
everyday i woke up and told myself 'new day, new start'  not new year, new century.
new day.
you wake up and put the old day behind you.
okay so you had more than usual to eat today and you're feeling a little guilty, but why let that one day ruin your progress and more importantly affect your life.
so what you have to do is wake up, brush off the worries of yesterday and get the hell on with your life.
dont dwell on the past, i spent months crying over what i used to be, id reminisce on old pictures just wanting to be that happy and healthy carefree girl, i wanted the old me back and i was caught in a viscious cycle of being so upset about what ive done to myself.
but one morning i just woke up and i was like, wait, im spending all my time being devastated about loosing the old me but the time im wasting being upset i could be using to rebuild myself!
so from that point on i woke up looked at myself in the mirror and said 5 things that i love about myself.
its not a 'vain' thing to do, its human nature, you should love yourself. every inch of your body. your flaws, curves, your hair, ears and eyes. you have so much to be thankful for.
im not going to lie to you but yea it is really hard to begin with, eating disorders come with so much self hate, we struggle to see the love of ourselves. i even lost the sight of love around me.
so here goes...
i love my smile, because it not only brightens up my mood, it helps lift others up too.
i love my eyes, because i can see the beauty of the world.
i love my heart because i can care for those around me.
i love my legs, because they are strong and hold my body up, when some people dont have the ability to.
and most of all i love my brain, (yes i know its had this unwanted visitor for over a year but now its functioning again and i can actually think about things other than food which is ace)

but even though i dont believe in all this new years crap, i still think its important to make a change.
in 2015 im going to be somebody, im going to make an impact on someones life, make them see what life is beyond a mental illness, help the homeless, care for friends, love my family and open up to others.
i read a series of books by 'Rhonda Byne' called 'the secret', and they blew my mind (like seriously go and buy them; the secret, the magic, the power) and they basically talk about the law of attraction and if you truly believe in something then the universe will attract that towards you. and to be honest it actually works, i sat there for 10 minutes every day with my eyes closed, picturing myself happy, carefree and enjoying life and here i am, living that vision.
but if you think negative thoughts then thats what the universe will bring towards you.
have faith, have hope and give love.

love yourself. like thats the secret to it all. self-indulgence.
treat yourself to that skirt you like, go to that expensive restaurant you love.
because at the end of the day, memories and health are better than anything.
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f