Skip to main content

body image is nothing

i think the hardest thing for me about recovery is the dreaded body image.
waking up and seeing yourself a completely different person to what you actually look like.

but that is such bull crap.
even at my lowest weight i never saw myself for what i truly looked like.
fitting into tiny jeans and tops and still thinking i was overweight?
its stupid really how messed up our minds get! its so unrealistic.
the worst part is how we hate ourselves.

why shouldn't we love ourselves? our flaws, our imperfections, our quirks, our personalities.
some people look at us and see someone who seeks knowledge and happiness, is beautiful, has life behind their eyes.
so why can't we see it that way?
one day you can wake up and look in the mirror and absolutely love what you see, but then an hour later you see someone completely different staring back at you.

its annoying and i'm fed up of it. so ive been trying this new trick, to just not listen to what my mind tells me.
how to have a good body image day?
wake up, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what a sexy ass piece of gods creation you are.

no its not vain to love yourself.
its confidence, happiness, stability and thats something to be proud of.

you must love something about yourself. sit down and write a god danm list.
whether that may be your legs, your arms, your stomach, your eyes, your laugh, your smile, or your hair.
these are all things that make you, you.
you are perfectly unique. and anyone would be lucky to know you.
you have no idea how proud people are to be involved in your life.
just because people don't tell you every second of the day that they are proud of you and love you, they bloody well are!

you know what i love?
i love the way my laugh is genuine. the way my hair sticks up in a morning. my smile. the sparkle behind my eyes. the way my chin grows another chin when i chuckle uncontrollably. the way my legs jiggle when i walk, they show the muscle that defines them and the strength they have.

body checking? why put yourself through it. why dwell on what once was, when you can live in the here and now and enjoy every breathe you take.
so you no longer fit in them jeans? okay throw them the fuck out.
you dont deserve to go through this self critical analysis everyday, so dont put yourself in that situation. i hate seeing people posting pictures about how 'fat' they are or how they 'hate' themselves.
hate is a very very strong word, that you frankly should not be throwing at yourself.
how about love. replace the word hate with love.
your attitude will become brighter and the world will seem to be in your favour.

would you look at your mother, or sister and call them 'fat' judge them for not having the perfect legs, the protruding bones. you wouldnt would you. so why do it to yourself. its just as bad.

you deserve love, you may not believe it.
you are bloody fabulous, and if you are reading this im pretty sure you have gone through a shit year. but dont worry, tomorrow is a new day. a new day to forget the past, move on from your illness. focus on only the positives. wake up tomorrow without your illness. eat what you want when you want.
dont even think twice about calories, weight gain, body image, routines.
just wake up and live the rest of your life.
enjoy yourself lovely, youre fantastic.





xoxo

Comments

  1. my comment was already written but something went wrong with the Google iD and it disappeared ferrar
    well, as I already was saying, I wish I could hug you right now.
    It's really hard to do all these things you're asking, but I can try... I hate me and I hate to look in the mirror...but I'm gonna try to be better and change my sick mind! I follow you on IG and I love yours posts! You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my comment was already written but something went wrong with the Google iD and it disappeared ferrar
    well, as I already was saying, I wish I could hug you right now.
    It's really hard to do all these things you're asking, but I can try... I hate me and I hate to look in the mirror...but I'm gonna try to be better and change my sick mind! I follow you on IG and I love yours posts! You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

meal plans and minnie maud

oh the dreaded word, meal plan. for anyone that doesn't know what a meal plan is then let me explain it to you, you basically have to eat around 6 times a day, breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, tea and supper. When you're in hospital well in my case its certain foods, if you wanted a chocolate bar you couldn't have one, you had to have what was on the snack list, which was awful. like so bland, like a cup of milk, i don't like milk. but when you are at home and recovering the meal plans are so much more flexible, you can pick your own snacks and everything and its just so much more freeing! meal plans move up in calories (eugh i hate that word), you start off on a starter meal plan, which is basically designed to avoid re-feeding syndrome. its tiny amounts of food little and often, which is terrifying for someone just starting recovery. when you move on with recovery it becomes a lot easier, your meal plans become increased or decreased due to how

challenge that change

you are going to change, your body will change, your brain will change. this is fabulous, you shouldn't fear it. why be a bag of bones when you can have a bum, and boobs, and legs to die for and a healthy glowing face, and long thick hair like a lion and bright eyes and.. right you get the point. ask yourself, have you ever felt good enough? has loosing weigh ever made you feel good? has being severely underweight ever made you feel skinny or thin enough? no. your eating disorder feeds you lies. the worst part is that you believe them. your eating disorder is your friend right? wrong. when has it ever made you feel good, when has it ever showed you kindness. i cant count one time anorexia was my friend, or made me feel good about myself but i have lost count of how many times its put me down and made me feel terrible. learn to love yourself, you curves, your legs, your personality, your querky smile. you need to embrace it all. why live a life hating yourself whe

Loosing weight?

The heading looks misleading but it's a topic I've been thinking about a lot, let me explain. I've been physically and mentally recovered now for nearly 2 years and I've always either put on weight or stayed the same but now my body is settling into it normal life and my daily eating habits are changing with work and day trips. I've naturally lost weight, not drastic, it's literally just my body settling down and getting comfy, I think. But from past experiences it's so hard to deal with, not for me but for my family. My mum and dad become worried and are constantly egging me on to eat more and more, when I'm eating no less than I was before, it's just how my body has fluctuated. It's difficult to understand the minds of others, and rightfully they can be worried but they definitely don't need to. It's just trying to establish that trust with your family for them to not be worried, but they have single handingly seen me lie to their f